Monday, June 18, 2012

Beach Vacations- How I Love Thee

There is just something about the beach. The sand between my (very long) toes, the salt water, sitting my happy tail down and listening to the waves. Then there's the seafood, the beach music, and getting to spend time with my hubby without work or various other activities interfering. Since this is our last summer without our baby here, we felt that it was absolutely necessary to enjoy some beach time together. We decided to combine celebrating me graduating with my Master's degree, our first anniversary, and a babymoon all in one.
We'll be heading to Savannah for one night and then to Hilton Head Island for a few more. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to get there. We are leaving early in the morning. Woo hoo! So today consists of a long to-do list that I am actually looking forward to doing.

  1. Buying sunscreen that I can spray on my body. When you're 7 months pregnant, it becomes very difficult to move around and actually use lotion. I love the person who created this spray stuff. 
  2. Getting us some new beach towels. We have some that are pretty old and I've been eyeing some cute ones at TJ Maxx, so it looks like I'll be heading over there this afternoon.
  3. Finding some comfy pool floats. There is nothing like sitting on a float in the water. You can just feel the stress melting off your body. I'm on a mission to find some good ones. 
  4. Laundry- without our clean clothes, what will we wear?
  5. Cleaning the kitchen, bathrooms, and straightening up the living room. It always feels so nice to come home to a nice clean house. 
I'm sure there is more that I'll add to my list as the day goes on. I just can't wait to get started on it. Now- to wake up my sleeping hubby. Night shift sure does exhaust a guy. 

Sending love your way today!
-Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment