Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tuesday Topics- On Wednesday. Forgive me?

Hey friends!

First off, I've slacked this week already and I'm so, so sorry! My Mr. has been working and going to different training courses, which resulted in working 7 days straight, being off 2, and then working 7 more. So- since that's all over, he is off this ENTIRE WEEK. There are no words to explain how excited I am about this. Also? I'm sad that Wednesday is here because that means his week is half way over. We've really been making the most out of our time. He threw me an amazing birthday party on Saturday night with some of my closest friends (more on that later) and yesterday we went on our final walk through of our new house! Yes, you read that right. OUR NEW HOUSE! Our closing date is set for February 15, but we've gotten everything turned in super early, so our realtor thinks we may close as early as next week! Once again, I'll be writing some more on this  (and sharing some pictures) very soon. 
So- with all of that, plus taking care of my sweet little one, I've most definitely fallen behind. And normally I would cut my losses and just wait for next Tuesday to roll around to join in on the par-tay, but I LOVE this Tuesday's (er, Wednesday's) topic. So, here we go!

Thanks again to Lauren and Tiffany for hosting this link up, and especially for picking this particular topic.

Wow, oh wow. How do I even begin to start? First off, I decided to narrow these to my top 6 memories from the past few years, because picking 6 from my whole life? Well, that's just too hard.

1) The first time I ever saw this face.
There are no words to express the amount of overwhelming love I felt for my precious boy. I had been in labor for over 40 hours and then had a c-section, and somehow all of this magically left my mind and all I could think about was my baby. I couldn't believe that my hubby and I were the lucky ones chosen to be his parents. My other (way less monumental) thought was that I was afraid to hold him at first because I was hooked up to so many things. I really thought 
I might get my baby tangled up in my wires. 
And now? He is looking so much more grown up. I'm so proud and a little sad all at the same time. 


2) Marrying this guy.
I cannot imagine for one moment what my life would be like without him. He knows what I'm thinking pretty much all the time, and sometimes I have some crazy thoughts, so this is a pretty impressive thing. He makes me feel so safe and protected and loved. He is my best friend and the best man I've ever known. 
 3) Going on my very first cruise (and our honeymoon) with my main man. 

In case you were wondering- we are goofballs. And neither one of us would have it any other way. Sure, I got a little seasick, and you bet I lost ridiculous amounts of money playing bingo, but we had the best time ever. By the way- that is my hubby's cruise hat. Also? He wore it the other night while he was packing up his closet for the big move. We were most definitely meant to be. 

4) Watching my man graduate from police academy.
I have never been more proud of him in my life. He worked so hard during academy. It was especially hard because he still had a couple of  months left to go after we got married, so for our first couple of months being married, we didn't get to see each other every day. Being away from him really gives me more respect than I already had for so many military families. I know that a couple of months is nothing in comparison to an entire year or more, but it is always hard to be away from someone you love. 
Plus, isn't he handsome in a uniform?


5) Graduating college ( and about 4809230420384092834 other memories from those four years.)




We were the Bobcats, so naturally we decided to act like one. You can call us crazy if you'd like. 

6) Finding our very first house. 
We searched and searched for the perfect house for us, and then we found it! We cannot wait to officially close on it and move on in. 

So, what are your top 6 memories?

Love,
Mags

9 comments:

  1. Your new house is seriously SO CUTE! I can't wait to hear/see more about it!

    Love all your pictures and love that you guys are silly together :) It's the only way to be! Where did you guys cruise?? I've never been on one and would LOVE to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your memories. The way you describe that feeling the first time you saw your son is exactly how I felt. Love at first cry, for sure. :-)

    That house is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to read/see more!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your memories! So many of mine are the same as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! What great memories! And what a handsome little man you have!

    Visiting from Tuesday Topics!

    www.mommacandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have the same picture in that "eat me" cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That home is so adorable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! Can't wait to see the pics of the house! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I found you on the blog hop and LOVE your blog! I am your newest follower and was kinda hopin' that you'd pop on by my blog, stay a while, and follow back if you like what you read!



    Have a great weekend,

    Sarah

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first picture is breath taking! Love all these memories.

    ReplyDelete