Tuesday, March 26, 2013

OMGeez, I'm Such a Slacker/ My Baby is 7 Months Old?

Hey friends!

I hope you'll not hate me too much for disappearing lately. I'm sorry I've been away for some time, but the good news? I'm back! I took the GACE on Saturday. For those of you not from Georgia, or even those of you in Georgia who don't know too much about becoming a teacher, the GACE is the test you must take in order to teach a certain subject area. I took the English GACE tests to teach high school. I'm pretty sure my brain died on Saturday and is just now coming back to life.

For the past couple of months, I've felt guilty if I got on the computer to do anything except study. I know, I know. No excuse for disappearing. Also? I won't get my scores back for about a month. I think I'm just going to try to forget I took it until it's time to check my score. So, what better way to forget about those crazy tests? Obviously hanging out with my little guy. And guess what. He's 7 months old now. How did this happen? I'm not sure. Am I ok with it? Um, not really. He's getting big way too fast. I love every new milestone he hits, but I miss all of the more "baby" things he used to do. One in particular? Sleeping 9802934 hours a day. I know this is all part of it, but I feel like he is seriously bigger and smarter every day.

So, without further ado, here's his letter.

Baby Will,
I'd like to know who gave you permission to get this big. Go ahead. Tell Mama, because I have a thing or two I'd like to say to whoever it was. Along with getting bigger, you are getting sillier and more dramatic. You've been pretty dramatic since day one, but it's getting more and more intense and hilarious. For instance- you love to fake cough. You started this one morning while I was changing your diaper. I looked at you and you just started coughing. You also like to clear your throat, especially when your Daddy is doing it. It's kind of a game with the two of you. He clears his throat and you follow with your own little sound.


I've also been making your food lately, and not only is it fun, but you LOVE it. Seriously. Right now I think your favorite food is sweet potatoes.


Your 6 month appointment with your doctor was wonderful. You handled your shots like a champ and were happy and giggling the same night. The older you get, the more sad your Daddy is when you get your shots. I think he almost cried this last time. He claims he didn't, but I think he did.
We also learned that your weight and height are in the 26 and 28 percentile, but your head is in the 90th. It just confirms that you are, in fact, a baby genius. :)

The doctor said that babies grow in different ways. Sometimes a baby measures really long at an appointment and super skinny. Then the next time they are the same length but got chubbier. So no worries, little one. The rest of you will catch up to that pretty head.



We think you'll be getting your first tooth relatively soon. Know why? Because of this face. You make it so often and I can't help but laugh. It's so funny and precious. 


 It's hard to get you to smile when I use Daddy's nice camera because you're so fascinated with it. You just stare at it and reach for it. I have to pull out my most embarrassing best tricks to get you to forget about the fancy camera and just smile like you normally do. I may or may not have had to hit myself in the head with your stuffed monkey to get this face. :)


 You, little Buggy, are pretty awesome. Your Daddy and I could not love you more if we tried. You rock our worlds. Really. No kidding.

Love you to the moon and back,
Mommy





2 comments:

  1. I love your little family and I miss all of you. Also, I know you rocked that GACE! Get em Mags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog - it looks great! Your son is SO cute. Come check out my blog if you get a chance! :-)

    ReplyDelete