Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reliving Christmas + Secret Santa

Hey friends!


(Because every baby needs pictures of themselves with a bow on their head...)

I'm late posting again. Imagine that. Sometimes it feels like the more I try, the more behind I get. Plus? Sometimes I just want to sit and be lazy and snuggle with my sweet boy, so all other things fall to the wayside. Like dishes. Vacuuming. Sweeping. Dusting... you get the picture.
Nonetheless, I'm trying to get myself caught up.

I can't believe that my baby's first Christmas has come and gone. How did this happen already? And boy oh boy did Santa and his family spoil him rotten!

But- before we get to baby boy's first Christmas, let me first start with my gift from my secret santa. I signed up with Geek Can be Chic to participate in one of my very first swaps. I was partnered up with Liz from "Crazy Little Thing Called Life" and was immediately excited to pick out the perfect present for her. To see what I surprised her with, head on over to her blog! 
She is such a sweet lady and she spoiled me rotten with a sweet Christmas box full of all the goodies I'd need to have a date night in with my hubby. 



My box contained a super soft Christmas blanket, a set of wine glasses that say "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry," a delicious smelling Paula Deen candle (Liz is good! Paula Deen is my favorite), some cute socks, and a sweet little dessert of chocolate covered cherries. Thank you so much, Liz! In her note to me she wrote about how important it is to keep your relationship with your husband strong, especially after having a baby, and I couldn't agree with her more. Thank you for such a thoughtful Christmas package!





Clearly my little man is NOT a fan of camera flashes. Check out that face. He's not too happy about this.


Our first stop on Christmas Eve day was to visit Melissa, my best friend and Will's Godmother. She gave him his very first present on his very first Christmas. Being his Godmother, she decided she wanted to give him something "Godly." Any guesses?

She gave him ...



This is one of my favorites of all of the sweet gifts our baby boy received. I can't wait to see his face next Christmas when he gets to play with his very own nativity set. So thoughtful. 

We spent the night Christmas Eve at my mom's house and spent lots of time around this tree. I could seriously stare at it for hours. 



Every Christmas Eve we have a mini photo shoot in front of our Christmas tree. Every one must participate. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. This was Will's first time participating in the craziness, but it most definitely won't be his last. 




When he woke up on Christmas morning, he found himself surrounded by gifts. He must have been good this year. Santa sure did spoil him. 



In case you were wondering, he was pretty happy about it. 


We also like to goof off on Christmas morning. 
Want proof?
(Please excuse my Christmas morning hair. And by the way? I was really holding mistletoe in my hand. Promise.)

Will wasn't really a fan, but he participated anyway since he loves his mommy/ can't say "no" yet.


On Christmas day, we went to my Mr.'s grandparents' house and spent some time with all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins. It's always so fun to get together with them!
After we left there, we went to Will's Mimi and Papaw's house. Once again, he was spoiled rotten. And he didn't mind it one bit. 

Like many other people, I am obsessed with Pinterest. I kept seeing lots of cute homemade ornaments pop up all over the place. Each time I saw one, I'd think "I must make that with Will." I refused to let this be one of the projects that I just ran out of time for because I never want to forget how tiny his hands, feet, and fingers are. Will was such a good artist and for the most part was pretty patient with the whole ordeal. Here is a picture of one of my faves. 



The other side of it said "'Snow' body loves you like I do!" I can't wait to make ornaments with him every year and see how much he's grown.


Ok, there really isn't a point to this picture at all, but I had to share it anyway. He was loving his reindeer hat. 




My Mr. gave me this beautiful necklace for Christmas and I cannot tell you enough how much I love it. It melted my heart and became one of my all time favorite gifts. 




And last but not least, here is our little man enjoying his Exersaucer. In case you couldn't tell, he loves it. 

Sending love your way,
Mags

1 comment:

  1. Your baby is so cute.

    Following you from the i love my post blog hop. You have a great blog, cant wait to read more.

    I have a giveaway on my blog and im inviting you to join http://www.akachymecindy.com/2012/12/december-sponsors-group-giveaway.html.

    ReplyDelete