I mustache you a question:
Who doesn't love lists?
To avoid having a super long list of random thoughts all running together, I think it's time for a nice bullet point list.
- My mom and Willie bought our little man a mustache pacifier and he loves it. I know that no cuter passy exists. Well, my Mr. and I were at Publix the day before Thanksgiving (I know this is crazy, but just go with it) and our baby boy was in the buggy. While my hubby was paying, I was just talking to our baby like I normally do. I looked at him and said, "Don't you look so silly with your mustache? That mustache is so funny!" As soon as I get this out of my mouth, my hubby turns around and points to where a mustache would go. I look in front of us and sure enough, the lady in front of us has a mustache. Not one of those where they have to be standing in the light at just the right angle to see. I'm talking a full blown mustache that not even my hubby could grow...Talk about awkward...
- Call me crazy, but I always love Black Friday shopping. It's like a sport for me. I'm pretty sure I get that gene from my Memommie because my Mama sure hates it. She went with me once (and had a much better time than she tells people) but she will probably never go with me again. This year my hubby wanted to go with me. I hit the hubby lottery, let me tell you. Baby boy stayed with his Mimi and I went with my Mr. to hit up some stores that opened on Thursday. Let me repeat. Thursday. The superbowl of shopping days is called Black Friday. I wasn't too happy about this. See, if stores open at 3 or 4 in the morning, you have to actually plan to go to them. When stores open at 8:00 p.m. (yes, I'm calling you out, Toy 'R Us) everyone is still awake so everyone goes Black Friday shopping. This makes the whole idea a little less fun. My friend Tasha and I used to get up crazy early and grab a biscuit at chick-fil-a which was open early for the mall walkers and shoppers. Then we would shop until 11 ish and have brunch with her family at Cracker Barrel, and then off we would go again. We liked this plan because it made the day feel special. Shopping at 9:00 p.m. just feels like normal.
- We had a wonderful first Thanksgiving with our baby boy. He sported a wonderful hat and got to meet so many family members. Once we stepped foot in Nana and Papa's house, neither one of us saw our baby for about 2 hours because everyone wanted to hold him. To be entirely honest, I can't blame them.
- I got to catch up with some of my favorite cousins on Friday and then had a wonderful double date with Lori and Greg. Love them!
- This past week's episode of Parenthood made me cry. Like always. If you haven't seen this show and you have netflix, you need to watch it. Now. It's that wonderful.
- This is the LAST SATURDAY FOOTBALL GAME for the regular season! Hooray! This means that my Mr. will go back to working 8 hours instead of the 12+ that are required when you are a policeman during football season in Athens. While most people are sad that the regular season is coming to an end, I'm pretty pumped that I get to see my man again!
Hope you all loved your turkey, your friends, and your family this Thanksgiving!